Wednesday, July 2, 2014

|| Peelin' it! ||

We are forty-five days away from the wedding, you guys.  It's crunch time.  There are to do lists all over my house right now.  I had no idea how much went into planning a wedding.  There have been times where I've been so overwhelmed with the details and the to-do's that I'm ready to go to the courthouse instead.  Or call in a wedding planner.  Or cry.  Just kidding.  But kind of.

When things are falling into place and sailing is smooth, I have to  pinch myself that we really are planning a beautiful day for us, for the people we love, and for the people who love us.  And no matter what, at the end of the day, I get to marry the man of my dreams!

In wanting to look and feel my best, I'm going all out on in my skincare prep before the day is here.

In my last post I told you about starting my journey with The Body's Edge.  Monday of last week I went in for my first chemical peel with manager and master aesthetician, Krista Quintana.  She is so knowledgable.  While she works on me I ask her all sorts of tips and tricks and what I should be using in my regular routine.  I always leave knowing things I didn't' know before.

I was a little nervous for a chemical peel.  I'd never had one before and I pictured lasers and burning and leaving completely red, looking like I'd had dermabrasion.  That could not have been farther from the truth.



Krista suggested a series of three peels for me, telling me it was going to help with fine lines, discoloration, and leave me with the glow I've been wanting.  Sign me up.

I don't have a lot of down time to recover, and she is sensitive to that, tailoring the peels as we go to what I'll be doing in the upcoming weeks.  She started light for this one, to see how my skin would react.

When I laid down on the table, she explained what she was putting on my face as we went, and kept checking in to make sure I was comfortable.  I never experienced any burning, pain, only some light tingling.  I was never uncomfortable.  Each application was gentle and lightly swabbed on with a cloth as I laid back and we chatted.  Again, so much easier than I expected.

It didn't take long.  When I left, I went home with a new product she recommended, AHA Accelerator from Glymed Plus.  This will continue to help with cell turnover and keep my skin looking refreshed.  This is new to my routine, along with the Advanced Pigment Corrector from SkinCeuticals I started a little over a month ago for pigmentation issues.

I'm feeling more armed and ready all the time.  I will get the skin I want in the end!

I didn't peel right away.  It took until wednesday before I started to flake.  I peeled for the next three days a bit, and then it started to diminish, and eventually stop.  I'd say it went on for about a week, but it was never to the point where I wasn't comfortable in public, or couldn't go about my daily life.  I sent her a text to let her know and she said it was good I was flaking.  It meant the peel was working.

I'm curious and excited to see where we end up and the end of the three.  Next week is appointment number two.  We are going a bit deeper, but in the end it'll be worth it to shed the dead skin and reveal the glow underneath.

Thank you, Krista! See you next week!

Have you paid a visit to The Body's Edge in Sandy, Utah? GO!

Website
Facebook 
Instagram The Body's Edge
Instagram Krista Quintana 

Thanks for reading!

Deena Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment