Thursday, May 15, 2014

|| Road to the wedding || Skincare prep!

In three months from tomorrow I get to marry the love of my life! I feel so grateful every day that I get to experience this kind of love.  I also consider myself lucky with how easy our wedding planning is going (knock on wood.)  Similar tastes mean we've got the same favorites, so things are falling right into place! More on that in a future blog.

There is a lot to do, however.  Besides the planning of the day itself, I want to look and feel my best in the days leading up to the wedding!

I couldn't be more excited to be working with The Body's Edge in Sandy, UT over the next few months to get my skin in it's best possible condition!

Last Saturday I went in for the first time for a facial.  Manager and master aesthetician Krista Quintana greeted me at the door.  Krista is an absolute doll.  One of those people that I liked instantly when I first mether , which was last year.  She has a glow and energy about her that makes you comfortable, and right away you want to be friends.  I adore her!

She had booked aesthetician Jessica Brown to do my facial.  Jessica was sweet, professional, and took great care of me.



I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'd only ever had a facial once before.  It's been something I've been wanting to start up, as regularly as I could, but I kept putting it on the back burner.  My appointment last week reminded me my skin needs to take priority.

Jessica started by looking at my skin to see what areas might need special attention, and discussing with me what my current regime is.  It's nothing fancy.  For my sensitive, dry skin, it's dove soap for me at night and in the morning followed by lots of Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer.  Krista and Jessica recommended using retinol and a hydrator as well.  I said I'd love to try them both.  The thing I'm most excited about is to learn from them over the next little while.


Jessica was amazing.  The experience was truly luxurious.  A chance to relax, reset, rest, while knowing I was still doing something beneficial for my skin.  I didn't want it to end, and my skin was glowing after.  I can't wait for the next one.



This is just phase one, however.  Next month we'll start a series of light chemical peels, and as my big day approaches, body wraps.  I've never done either, so I'm curious and excited to see what the steps are, the science behind them, and the before and after.

You'll want to be sure to follow my journey, as I'll be posting it all!

If reading this blog inspires you to jump start your skin care routine, or you are curious about what The Body's Edge has to offer, here are a few options for where to find them!

Email: info@bodysedge.com
www.bodysedge.com
Facebook
Instagram  


Thanks for reading!


Deena Marie
instagram
facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment