Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Brio Tweet Up!

Last month I was invited to Brio at City Creek for a Tweet Up.  I was told I could bring a guest, and upon checking in we were taken to a private room with one long dinner table.  We sat at the middle of the table and soon it was filled with movers and shakers in SLC, all of whom have a large social media presence.  I brought my boyfriend, and we found ourselves next to Janet Thaeler, and across from Brittany Graham and her husband.  Turns out he knew Brittany and her husband already!

Two waiters took care of us through the night, both going above and beyond.  They started by asking who'd be drinking alcohol and then told us who were that there would be two drinks.  The first they'd choose for us, the second we'd get to pick from the menu.




Appetizers and salads came next.  Everything was served to us family style.  We got to pass around and sample several things this way.




The waiters were careful to ask about food allergies, and if there were any vegetarians.  There were both, so they brought quite a few main dishes to suit everyone.



Dessert was my favorite part.  Who doesn't want to sample nearly everything from a dessert menu?





The hashtag for the event was #briotweetup and since there were several nights of this, it was fun to search for it afterward on various social media sites to see who else had gone.

I hadn't known who anyone was previously at our table, and when I searched the hashtag, I was surprised to discover more really big social media folks right here in SLC.

What a good idea, right? A great way to make new connections, another example of how important and useful social media and hashtags can be, and of course what great promotion for the restaurant.  Job well done.  Being taken care of so well only makes me anxious to go back.

And look, I'm STILL talking about it!

It was super delicious, too.  Among my favorites were the strawberry mojito, roasted red pepper bruschetta, chicken limone, and a little pumpkin dessert with ice cream.  It's pictured, but I can't seem to remember the name, or find it online! At least I can show you what it looks like.





Thanks for reading! Don't forget to subscribe, or sign up via email on the right. 
Wanna contact me for a review, interview, or just to say hi? Leave a comment or find me on my social media sites via the buttons on the right!

What restaurant would YOU pick for a tweet up?

Deena Marie 

No comments:

Post a Comment